Pinam Construction is looking for a plumber licensed in the State of North Carolina (Class I) to work as part of our team to provide water and sewage system build and maintenance in commercial and residential remodeling and repair projects.
Pinam is a female and minority owned general contracting company providing services in the greater Triangle area, Wilmington and Triad areas. We specialize in crawl space and foundation moisture and structural repairs as well as home repairs and renovations.
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in single/multi family residential structures as well as commercial dwellings (NC license Class I)
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Assist in preparing bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
Work Hours, Etc: This position is a salaried position. Candidates will work a standard work week (Monday – Friday) with some weekend and evening hours depending on the urgency and scope of the work. We provide paid time off and use of a company vehicle.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- State plumbing license – Class I NC
- 1-3 years experience as a journeyman plumber
- Valid driver’s license
Proof of licensure and references required.
Submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com